Steel Pipe Grades and Standard
Casing pipes are widely used in Australian local projects.
The common Steel grade requirements are:
1. API 5L: A, B, X42, X46, X52, X56, X60, X65 X70 Used worldwide for petroleum pipes and piling pipes.
2. ASTM A 53: Gr. A, Gr B, Gr C, Gr.D Typical for water pipes.
3. BS:1387, EN10217:S185, S235,S235JR, S235 G2H, S275, S275JR, S355JRH, S355J2H, St12, St13, St14, St33, St37, St44, ST52 An European standard, especially for tubular piles.
4. AS1163 :C250,C350,C450, C250L0, C350L0, C450L0 Australia and New Zealand standard.
Production Standard for steel pipes:
1. API 5L Line Pipe
2. ASTM A252 WELDED AND SEAMLESS STEEL PIPE PILES
3. EN10217 Welded steel tubes for pressure purposes. Technical delivery conditions. Non-alloy steel tubes with specified room temperature properties
4.AS1163 Australian Standard structure steel hollow sections
5. AS3678 Structure steel-Hot-rolled plates, floor plates and slabs.
6. AS 3679-1990 Hot-rolled structural steel bars and sections
7. DIN 2458 WELDED STEEL PIPES AND TUBES
8. ASTM A53 Standard Specification for Pipe, Steel, Black and Hot-Dipped, Zinc-Coated, Welded and Seamless
9. IS: 3589 Steel tubes for water and sewage
10.IS: 1978-1982: Steel tubes for use in transportation of oil; gas & Petroleum products
11. IS: 1978 Steel tubes for use in transportation of oil; gas & Petroleum products
12. CJ/T 3022 Spiral submerged-arc welded steel pipe for municipal heat supply
13. SY/T5037 Spiral submerged arc-welded steel pipe for pipelines for low-pressure field fluid service
14. SY/T 5040 Spiral submerged arc-welded steel pipe piles
Coating Standard for Tubular pipes:
1. ISO 21809 For Petroleum and natural gas industries. External coatings for buried or submerged pipelines used in pipeline transportation systems
2. ANSI/AWWA C104/A21.4 American National Standard for Cement-Mortar Lining for Ductile-Iron Pipe and Fittings (water pipes)
3. DIN 30670 Polyethylen coatings